Light has a direct impact on human life, which is not limited to the daytime. There are many factors and directions in which the choice of artificial lighting is made.
Main categories of types of lighting
Lighting devices are used in residential, public, industrial premises and outside buildings. In the Monsroplace catalog you can buy lamps of two categories:
- Interior. Designed for installation indoors, where there is no direct exposure to the environment. Depending on the place of use (house, apartment, office, production, medical institutions), they can meet different requirements for the strength and direction of the luminous flux, type of installation. The minimum protection class for interior lighting must comply with the IP20 standard. An increase in the protection category is necessary in the case of lighting with high humidity, warehouses for storing flammable liquids, etc. In this case, the choice of lighting elements is determined by departmental standards.
- Street. Scope of application - outdoor lighting of roadways and pedestrian streets, buildings and structures, building structures and their individual elements. It is undesirable to use devices with a protection class lower than IP43–44 as street lamps.
The arrangement of electric lighting requires certain financial costs in the process of preparation and further operation. The most economical are LED lamps. Their cost is higher at the time of purchase, but the minimum power consumption and long service life justify their use. LED lighting is successful both indoors and outdoors. Lighting with traditional incandescent lamps is losing relevance due to fragility and increased energy consumption.
Mounting method and types of fixtures
The difference between lighting elements by installation method and purpose:
- Wall mounted. Most often, lamps are mounted on the wall to provide combined interior lighting. It can be the light of individual sections of the walls, the creation of subdued light with the help of a sconce. Also, street lighting of building facades, emergency and signal lighting are mounted on the walls.
- Ceiling mounting - the most common option for arranging general lighting in all types of premises. Chandeliers and lamps with different types of lamps are attached to the ceiling, which can be traditional (with an incandescent spiral), LED and fluorescent. Many models allow you to change the brightness using special controls.
- Table lamps are installed on any flat surface or attached to the tabletop edge with clamps or clothespins. Interior table lamps are equipped with a lampshade, the material of which can be glass, fabrics, plastics, paper, etc. To illuminate the workspace, you can buy an office-type lamp with adjustable height and tilt angle. Floor lamps are structurally similar to table lamps, but have a long stem and are installed mainly on the floor.
- Spotlights involve inserting one or more light sources into a flat surface. They can be installed on stretch and suspended ceilings, shop windows and other interior structures of different geometry. They are used for general or directional (accent) lighting indoors and outdoors with the appropriate type of protection. LED and halogen lamps are used in spotlights.